‘The Art of Tree Planting is Soil Preparation’
Student, Landscape Gardener c2009
Making It Easy!
If you are reading this page, it likely that you or someone that you care about is experiencing difficulty. In education, when things seem strenuously difficult, our first task is to find a viable starting point.
The first step is to note how our way of thinking can produce the strain. How so?
If we believe that what we seek is impossible, no amount of strain is going to lead to success. It is better to do something else.
If we believe that what we seek is possible, then strain is not necessary and is likely to get in the way of attaining it.
From this perspective, we can approach any question not from its point of difficulty but from the starting point of the resources we have available to us to clarify and accomplish what we want.
And what are our most fundamental resources?
Our mind and our body, of course!
Our mind and body are complex arrangements with phenomenal capabilities, most of which are at our service without our being aware of them. As we look after them well, they do all the work and we enjoy the benefits! Our question then becomes one of how to prepare our resources of mind and body effectively to accomplish what we want.
Preparing for Ease of Study
If we want to accomplish with inspiration, there are simple steps that we can take to ease the way. All the following pointers do their work immediately, whenever we do them and have even better effects when we do them consistently.
Put in the most basic terms:
For your MIND to be able to offer you clarity and dexterity, it needs stillness and structure.
The LINKS below – most of which are free – offer ways to calm and direct the mind and care for the body. You may find others that you prefer or enable you to build further.
All the resources listed here imply some form of STRUCTURE, whether in rhythm, frequency, good posture or in the physical structures that we commonly understand. This is because in order for your ideas to work in practice, your mind and body need to use basic structures to organise and coordinate them. Thus, some basic attention to structure is one of the easiest and most profitable elements to invest in, repaying with infinite rewards.
- Breathing: Taking 15 minutes before you start your day, you may sit or lie down in a comfortable position- rest your thoughts and focus on your breathing. This is transformative in itself and it’s easy and it’s free. With this, other things become easier and easier, and new and inspiring ideas will come to you.
- Guided Breathing Meditation: Raising mood and inspiration with a few minutes at the beginning of your day and/or before you sleep allows calm and clarity on which to build. youtube.com/watch?v=Ce12PW3Whe4
- For the BODY to be eager to sustain work, it needs basic care, including movement and REST. Our movement finds its precision against a background of stillness.
- Respect for our body is a profitable investment.
- Sleep – sufficient for you to feel fresh and rested;
- Movement – even a few minutes of movement stimulates and coordinates your mind and your body.
- Posture – even basic awareness of good posture will have subtle effects;
- Fluids – preferably water, not stimulants;
- Food – nutrition relative to your bodily needs;
Breathing, ease of posture – ergonomics, improved alertness, relaxation:
UN International Day of Yoga – 21st June
Complete Upa Yoga video – if you found the video above interesting, the full video is available here:
Solfeggio 528hz – Harmonic scales for becoming at ease; uplifting and grounding. This can be played at low volume in the background while sleeping or studying:
Raising awareness of posture when working at a computer:
Some basic tasks:
- Focusing on what you DO want (Not on what you don’t want);
Your moment-to-moment attention is one of your most powerful resources. Your focusing of attention is necessary for succeeding in that which you wish to accomplish. Abraham-Hicks talks are uplifting with clear direction. youtube.com/watch?v=2FvSyRvgTQs
- Training Attention: 1st exercise – contemplating any object for 5 minutes
- Putting your ideas into action, see the exercise of giving yourself an instruction to carry out. youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo3iy4kfdM
Jigsaw puzzles can aid concentration, focus attention, bring calm and clarity for ease of study. Whilst this is not a substitute for the physical/tactile version, students find them very useful and accessible.
ROMBi puzzle is an exceptional study aid, custom-designed from the elements in our work that have proved most effective and user-friendly for students aiming for success.
Easy to use for learners and professionals, it works by enhancing perceptual organisation/integration. Correlating the blocks to the puzzle patterns, following the process through perceptual obstacles enables their dissipation; aiding concentration, bringing calm, clarity and structure for ease of study as well as other daily tasks. Integrating the subtle operations of mind and body enhances your ability to put your ideas into practice. ROMBi can be used within the context of specialist tutorials/mentoring and for independent work/study for building capabilities.
For further information: www.rombipuzzle.com
Access 1st declares an interest in this resource.
Basics of Juggling:
If you want to take bodily coordination further, learning to juggle can assist with raising mood, focusing attention, coordination of mind and body, living in time, holding your intention while handling multiple perspectives.